Spent the day working on etching some metal for rings. I did the artwork last week. Today was spent doing the photoresist. That bit took quite a while. As with everything else, I didn’t get it right the first time.But I’m nothing it not persistent and the third time applying the resist finally came out with workable images. I’m now in the process of actually etching.
The whole procedure certainly makes me feel like a mad scientist, or at least a crazy chemist. A heavy apron, protective goggle and rubber gloves, measuring and mixing solutions, hooking up hoses and pumps, rinsing and re-rinsing. Makes for a busy day.
Now all I can do is hope they come out OK. Fingers crossed.